Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

Sci-Fi Bunker/ Observation tower (part 2: painting)

I am aiming for a dark, rusty and stained metal finish - something that looks like it's been well used (and abused). Having first sprayed the model with a base coat of Citadel Chaos Black; I then painted the whole thing with Citadel Boltgun metal. At this stage the bunker is not yet attached to the base; the detail of which I will cover in Part 3.

The next step was to liberally wash the whole model with Citadel Badham Black wash, one again the model has yet to be glued to the base.

I am a great believer that it is the small touches that really make a scratch built model; in this case I downloaded the emblem of the Helghast, reduced it in size, printed it, cut it out and glued it to two sides of the model using PVA glue.


The Killzone series of games seems to have produced a huge community of online fans, and it is from one of these that I found the full Helghan alphabet. I hand painted a couple of the 'letters' onto the sides on the model that didn't have the printed logo on.


The next step with the exterior was to wash the entire model with Citadel Ogryn flesh - this gives a nice rusty finish.

The final piece constructed was the roof - no guesses for the materials used...

Part 3 will cover the interior and the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment