Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

28mm Artizan Afrika Korps

Ever since I started wargaming I have always wanted to game the North Africa campaigns of World War Two. (My Grandfather served as an infantryman in the Lincolnshire Regiment, part of the 8th army, before transferring to the LRDG). I recently bought a copy of Call of Duty and there were some pretty good skirmish scenarios for North Africa and this prompted me to look into figures.
 
I opted for Artizan Miniatures range of metal figures, purchasing four packs of their DAK to start with. The miniatures were well sculpted and had no flash or cast lines on them. The picture below shows some of them glued onto 2p bases, the bases covered in polyfilla with cork rocks added.
 As ever I added sharp sand which I then painted because it didn't look enough like sand (am I the only gamer that thinks this way?). The figures were then painted with a range of Citadel and Vallejo paints. I deliberately varied the colours uniforms to give them that faded, in theatre look. The pictures below show the figures painted and gloss varnished (awaiting a final matte coat). I used grass tufts for the fist time with these figures and was really happy with the results.



 
I'd be really interested to know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Very good work, the bases are great too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Mark, I like the weathered effect on the tunics.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys... really enjoyed painting these

    ReplyDelete