Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

Saga Wargame at The Evesham Wargames Club Jan 15th 2012

I will be introducing one of the lads at The Evesham Wargames Club to Saga - the Dark Ages skirmish game tonight.

Below are pictures of the Viking Warband that I propose to use, led by my newly finished Warband leader and his bodyguard.

The six points consist of: My Warband leader (foc) 3 x 4 man Hirdsmen (1 x 4 converted to Berserkers), 2 x 8 man Bondi ansd 1 x 12 men levies.

My new leader has beeb based together with two retainers on a 40mm square base (in line with the rules). The figures are Olaf Trygvasson and Retainers from Gripping beast. (One retainer did'nt make it to the beast, but has joined the ranks of the warband) As ever Citadel paints and washes were used for the paint job.



My right flank showing Berserkers, Hirdsmen and Levies at the rear (the eagle eyed among you will notice that the levies are mixed with hirdsmen with spears - in the game they will represent levies - I haven't got enough levies painted yet. Under the rules you cannot have mixed units).


My left flank showing two units of Bondi, with the levies in the background.


A battle report will follow, and with the will of Odin and Thor we will be victorious!

4 comments:

  1. elts hope you have not given to much away Mark, those Normans can be sneaky..
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice warband Sir. i belong to Tunbridge Wells Wargaming Society and have been getting some of the other members interested in SAGA. A great "fun" game in my view.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ugblud. this is my first foray into Dark Ages war gaming and I'm really enjoying the games. My lads lost the first battle on the night (another club member was in command - I was introducing him to the game), but they won the second in some style - I managed to get my Berserkers in and their 16 attack dice carved up the Anglo Dane war and leader!
    What faction do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so I might be tempted (might be...)thiking of scots/irish any advice?

    ReplyDelete